01 October 2009

anyone speak dog?

http://in.solit.us/archives/download/168297

I decided to record Jupiter left in the living room when I went to work this morning. My iPhone quit after 40 minutes, but he was still whining. :(

He made all this noise even with our other dog Honey laying across the living room – he wasn't actually alone (admittedly: she doesn't like him). Yesterday I put him in his crate in the living room with Jeff watching TV and Jeff said he went off as usual. I don't think he goes so crazy if he's left with Jeff without being in the crate; hence today's test.

I'm hoping someone out there knows dog and can tell me that he's saying "If only I had a banana!" or something. He whines with or without toys/chews; once I leave he's fixated on the door and window, regardless. He generally quiets down after about an hour.

Unfortunately, I have to go to work and I can't bring him along. That's a new quality of my dream job, by the way.

1 comment:

Philip Weaver said...

We leave Sage at home when we are gone. She usually pees if we leave her for more than a few hours. We lock her in the bathroom and hallway that is connected to the bathroom, so that she will pee on the bathroom floor, which is easier to clean up and does not ruin the floor.

We have received noise complaints about her barking while we are gone. She barks because she is alone; it is an instinct to "call the pack home". We got a bark collar that sprays lemon scent on her when she barks. This keeps her from barking (and thus keeps us from getting evicted), but she still misses us and whines most of the time. She sits by the door and scratches at the rug trying to get out.