01 January 2008

The Annie Parsons Project


I have had my first taste of online super-stardom. A complete stranger posted a positive comment! This was really exciting. It just barely eeked out that always-sought-after approval of Dan, because it also introduced a mystery! Who was she?!

(I've already had the pleasure of deleting an anonymous negative comment. Sign on or shut up.)

Annie observed that even she didn't know how she got to my blog. Standard online stalking practice immediately ensued. I learned that she was hilarious, gorgeous, in and out of KC, and Christian. She also kinda looked familiar. Graham – that handsome engineer – became my primary suspect.

I saw Graham at some themeless, unexpected, and seemingly spontaneous party last night and showed him Annie's profile. No luck, but I had my first cohort. And a most capable cohort he proved to be. I will happily act as a reference for any future P.I. work, Graham.
9:22p tonight, I randomly went on my friend Rachel B's FB page. As I scrolled down I noticed a Ms Annie Parsons had posted on her wall:

Annie Parsons (Nashville, TN) wrote
at 8:24pm on December 23rd, 2007
I do love singing with you. :) xo


Rachel is my friend from K-State. Im guessing Annie got to your blog through mine through Rachel's...

I expect a date to come out of this. for me.
g.

Im joking about the date.
Thus ends (begins?) the Annie Parsons Project after not even 24 hours. (Have you heard that one before?)

Graham was so helpful, yet I reward his efforts by airing his deepest hopes and dreams entrusted through the most private and secure of missives. Some sort of man code compels me to betray him. Also the most naïve and honest hope that I have that eHarmony touch. To be fair, I was the first to break the eternal and ubiquitous two-guys-looking-at-a-pretty-woman ice with a "you should ask her out" joke. To be fair about being fair, I just had gotten out of a conversation with three ladies about attractive actors. My inner caveman is not running the show.

Yes, Graham, I know, this was totally not cool of me. Compelled, I tell you! I feel like I'm in middle school again.

Hello Annie!
Sorry Graham.

4 comments:

hootenannie said...

oh.
my.
goodness.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Is this the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me, or the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE?

It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

hootenannie said...

Nick? Your "amends"?

Let's be BFF.

Miranda Warder said...

Hi Nick - I'm Miranda. Annie is one of my best girlfriends. In fact, see her blog - August 28th, 2007 - http://hootenannieparsons.blogspot.com/2007/08/duo.html

Thanks for connecting those two. Good work.

Miranda

Nicolas Frisby said...

(Prime your mind for some Busta Rhymes. And then, some real corniness.)

Miranda, your biography as penned by Annie makes me think one word and one word only: "dangerous."

My lady Adrienne and I long ago exchanged the sparking, explorative emails that seem so prevalent in the relationships of our generation. A favorite recollection from the correspondence is the topic of friends. We compared them to works of art: they express beliefs, they define significant moments, and they are the most basic of beauties.

That metaphor returns to me now. I am excited to sit back with you and many other friends to witness and appreciate the unfolding of this newest piece.