25 August 2008

Italy trip

As that one post alluded to, I'm headed to Italy. I am participating in the ASE 2008 Doctoral Symposium, held in L'Aquila. I'm tacking a few days in Rome on the front- and back-end of the trip. I fly on 10 and 24 September, between Phil's and Sean's weddings.

Any suggested activities? I'm a bit clueless. Rory lent me a 2007 guide, but I haven't started in on it yet.

I give you my list.
That's really it at the moment. The first four are all I remember from my trip in 2001 – excluding Capri and almost drowning in the Mediterranean. I don't want to make my own sight-seeing. I think I just want to go about my normal routine, but do it in Italy.

(What is my normal routine?)

I might couch surf for the last few days!

3 comments:

Two Guys Good Health said...

let's talk. ive got a place or two in mind for ya... we can look them up on your iPhone!

Unknown said...

Screw Rome... I think that you should go North... and then East...

Lindsey said...

http://www.alfredos.com/roma.html

Site of the best meal of my life. It may be touristy, but it has the history and the deliciousness to back it up. As for other sites in Rome, I'd recommend Villa Borghese and its surrounding park. My other suggestion would be to take the train to Florence and make me really jealous. Wait...I already am.

These might help too
http://www.budgettravel.com/bt-dyn/content/article/2005/06/04/AR2005060400705.html

http://www.budgettravel.com/bt-dyn/content/article/2006/06/16/AR2006061601218.html