25 April 2009

we left Tyler for dead – or: how I became a Zombicidal Maniac

Aaron, Stace, and I spent over 12 hours one day trying to beat the No Mercy campaign of Left 4 Dead on the Expert difficulty setting. We made memories but not victories.

Tonight Tyler C joined us. And in about 2 or 3 hours we did it! Having a fourth human player really helped.

Unfortunately, Tyler didn't make it on to the chopper that saved us. He was literally inches away when he suddenly got yanked up into mid-air for no obvious reason. (This was right after I valiantly saved him!) We three were already on the chopper so the level immediately ended with Tyler being eaten by zombies as we somberly rose to safety. I actually screamed "noooo!" in absolutely sincere horror and disbelief when I saw it happen.

I'm sorry Tyler. But – that said – I am proud to be among the 12.7% percent of players to have pulled it off. And in my book, I know there were four survivors.

2 comments:

dn said...

NERD ALERT. Takes one to know one.

Nika said...

This is so amazing. Congratulations. However, I know the truth, you would have left Tyler to die.