15 September 2009

This still amazes me

Olny srmat poelpe can raed this. I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in what oredr the ltteers in a word are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is that the first and last ltteer be in the r ghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it wouthit a porbelm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt.

(I told Tyler I would post more to my blog, so expect a more generous filter for a few weeks.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I was able to read that at near full speed. Impressive.

Tyler Harnett said...

to quote myself, "English is dynamic, not retarded," and this sort of proves it.
Makes wheel of fortune seem kinda easy.