11 November 2009

Exercise is Goooood

Tyler and I have created the habit of taking Jupiter and Honey to the Haskell Indian Nations University nature preserve in the mornings on a "double dog walk." We let them both off lead. Jupiter gets worn out sprinting about and chasing the other dogs we meet and then becomes a couch potato for the rest of the day. Honey actually plays (just a bit) with Jupiter. It truly warmed my heart the first time I saw it – she's dog-aggressive and has never played with a dog before. It was awesome.

I just took Jupiter to puppy class for the first time since we started doing this daily (past week or so). He was his normal overly-excitable self at first, but about half way through he got really attentive and obedient. We actually got to show off a bit with some happenstance long distance obedience – there was literally oooing and ahhing. He's quite obedient at home without major distractions (we practice nothing's-for-free for feeding twice a day) and that finally came through at class tonight. It was awesome.

1 comment:

dn said...

I remember when you and I used to exercise.