21 November 2009

wierd and unwelcome

This Adobe bug is quite annoying. Does anyone else have this happen? If I use fullscreen mode on Flash player (YouTube or Hulu, e.g.) then the video freezes while everything else (like audio) continues. There's lots of forum posts out there where people discuss this, but the only fix is to disable hardware acceleration. That's a no-go for my meager Mini.

I use OS X's Screen Sharing to control the Mini from my laptop. When the video locks up, I can either connect via Screen Sharing or disconnect in order to fix it. This is a weird band-aid, but Screen Sharing is obviously related to video. It's annoying to do it every 5 minutes or so and to keep my laptop in my lap to watch video.

Some page I saw said it only happens when watching 480p content. And, for me, it only started happening when I started using 1080i. It didn't happen when I was using 720p.

This alternative suggestion did not work for me, which was sad. Took a while though, so my hopes got lifted and then squashed.

No comments: