12 June 2008

Needs a new name...

SynchroSpot is marching its way towards the Android cell phone platform.

I almost bought a new iPhone, but two things stopped me.
  1. Confounded spacetime! It comes out July 11th, not June 11th. My current contract ended yesterday and I was happy to see it as an obvious omen. Mission from God.
  2. 3G doesn't reach Lawrence. The verbage on AT&T's link to their "3G Coverage Viewer" was confusing. Turns out you have to turn on the the 3G overlay. Linwood? Tonganoxie? Basehor? De Soto? Of course they're covered! How could those bastions of culture not have 3G?
The biggest reason I wanted the iPhone was actually for what SynchroSpot does – location-triggered reminders.
Ding! You're near the grocery store: you need more of that foamy hand soap!
Ding! You're leaving Lawrence, do you have your Father's Day card?
Since the iPhone has a GPS unit (my current phone doesn't) and a well supported development platform (strike two), I thought I could finally implement my plan for outsourcing large parts of my brain.

Now I'm just going to wait for the Android phones later this year. No turtlenecks. No dancing to show I know who I really am.

No comments: