10 June 2008

No celebrity for the NCSE

My dad sent me this. It's a response to the intelligent design movie I talked about earlier.

The counter-argument shows how some particular IDers were acting a fool. However – to me – that approach takes for granted that the viewer already understands why supernatural beings have no place in the science classroom. If the viewer doesn't, then the existence of some silly IDers "caught in the act" probably doesn't sway any opinions. I suggest that the (weak) distinction between ID and creationism isn't meaningful to most people. But it apparently is to the Supreme Court – whence the tomfoolery they exposed.

BRILLIANT IDEA: Why don't local religious communities and the local science teachers coordinate to (respectfully) talk about human origins at the same time of the year in the appropriate places?

Suck on that common sense.

No comments: